The 2019 Provincial Skills Canada Competition is made possible through the amazing work of our volunteers. Last year, over 650 volunteers generously donated their time!
Every year we try to make our competition better - and this year is no exception! We'll need lots of help to pull everything together for the Provincial Competition at the Edmonton Expo Centre.
Set-up and Opening Ceremonies: May 7, 2019
Competition Dates: May 8 & 9, 2019
Location: Edmonton Expo Centre, Edmonton
Come be part of one of Canada's largest trade and technology competitions!
Seeking friendly individuals with excellent customer service skills to assist with the following:
- Registration - Assist with registering competitors, volunteers, teachers and guests as they arrive by distributing passes and t-shirts. Answer any questions attendees may have.
- Launch Pad - Assist with getting School Field Trips students into Launch Pad, an interactive audio-visual experience that students experience before entering the competition floor.
- Partnership Celebration and Online Support - Assist with registering partners and VIPS.
- Girls Exploring Trades and Technology Conference - Assist with registering GETT Conference attendees and mentors. Help with the conference to run smoothly to inspire the attendees.
- Opening Ceremonies - Help register the competitors and coaches
- Closing Ceremonies - Assist with preparing medals, and with Team Alberta registration.
Competition support volunteers assist Skills Canada Alberta, and the Provincial Technical Committees. Might have to perform physical tasks that requires lifting 40 lbs and stand for long periods.
Volunteers are needed to help with the following:
- Set-up and teardown of the allocated competition area
- Load, unload shipments and direct the equipment, material and boxes to the appropriate area
- Assist with setting up event areas
- Collect and bundle tools that will be part of the School Tool Grant program
If you are an expert in one of our 46 different trade and technology areas, please let us know and we will connect you directly with our Provincial Technical Committee! They are always looking for judges or volunteers for their Try-A-Trades.
Questions? Contact Katherine Kupchenko, Event and Registration Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 780-945-0925.