Developing Alberta’s Greatest Resource
What is Skills Alberta
We are a part of the national association, Skills Canada, which has offices in each territory and province in Canada.
To meet industry and education demands and in anticipation of future trends, Skills Canada Alberta was established in 1992 to equip young minds with the skills that will help Canada compete successfully in a drastically changing world market. This is accomplished through programming targeted at junior high, senior high and post-secondary students.
Skills Canada Alberta is a provincial non-profit organization that actively promotes careers in skilled trades and technologies to Alberta youth.
Skills Canada Alberta will be a model of excellence in the promotion of skilled trade and technology careers to youth in our province and in our country.
At Skills Alberta we strive to set students up for success in the trades and and technologies industries. Our goals are:
- To improve the public perception of the importance of trade and technology-based careers.
- To promote the career path opportunities within trades and technologies.
- To enhance the quality of technological education.
- To develop and maintain strong links between business, education, government and labour.
- To encourage students to recognize the value of completing secondary and post-secondary education for personal development and future employability.