To compete in Skills Alberta, Post-Secondary students apply to compete with a reference from their technical institute.
This year will look slightly different as we will not only be sending someone from each skill area to compete at the national level representing Team Alberta, but we will also be sending another competitor for a special Team Canada track. The gold medalist from the Provincial Skills Canada Competition will compete in the Team Canada track for WorldSkills Shanghai 2022 qualification, and the next highest ranking apprentice will continue their skills journey to compete at the 2022 Skills Canada National Competition (SCNC) in Vancouver, BC from May 24 – 28, 2022.
- Must be born on or after January 1, 1999. Except competitors in Aerospace Technology, Mechatronics or contest areas that do not move forward to Team Alberta or Team Canada, who must be born on or after January 1, 1996.
- Must be an Alberta resident AND a Canadian Citizen/Canadian Permanent Resident
- Be a registered student with a training institution in program that is related to the contest area you wish to compete in. You must be registered between July 1, 2019 and May 4, 2022.
- Be a registered student with a training institution or be a registered apprentice in a program related to the contest area you wish to compete in. You must be registered any time after July 1, 2019 and May 4, 2022.
- Competitors cannot be a certified journey person prior to May 1, 2020 in the skill area in which they wish to compete.