Level Up Resources
Level Up resources are supported by Construction Labour Relations.
- For a fun and personalized take on nutrition, check out this quiz: What’s Your Dosha? It is based on Ayurveda – the sister science of yoga which translates as “science of life.” It is the world’s oldest nutrition system dating back over 3000 years. It focuses on understanding YOUR unique body and mind and eating foods that work best for YOU.
- Rest and relaxation is just as important as exercise when it comes to your physical wellbeing! So if you’re feeling overwhelmed, check out the Insight Timer App – the #1 rated app for managing stress, anxiety and insomnia – the three most common detriments to wellbeing.
- “Art therapy is used with children, adolescents, adults, older adults, groups, families, veterans, and people with chronic health issues to assess and treat the following: anxiety, depression, and other mental and emotional problems.” (American Art Therapy Association, 2012, Online)
- Know yourself! Another part of mental wellbeing is understanding who you are, how you think, how you learn. Take this Multiple Intelligences quiz to find out!
- #1 mood hack: MUSIC! This is simple. Choose how you want to feel (happy, calm, energized, focused). Start a new playlist for that feeling. Add some songs. Blast it when you need to shift lanes. Here’s one for EASE.
- The Brain Dump! Suffer from anxiety, insomnia, or “monkey mind”? This goofy activity helps your brain to close all cognitive loops so you can FINALLY. JUST. RELAX.
- Grab a pen & paper
- Set a timer for 2 minutes.
- Start the time and keep your pen moving until the timer goes off! Write, doodle, scribble, draw – whatever! Don’t worry about spelling or grammar, don’t even think about what you’re saying, just free your mind and let your pen fly!
- If it feels weird and awkward, PERFECT! You’re doing it just right. Need a warm up? Check out this killer brain dump:
2. Do grey days have you feeling BLAH? That’s totally normal – colour has a huge impact on our mental and emotional state! So combat the greys and master the mood of your home and your wardrobe with this colour psychology quiz!
Environmental wellbeing is about exploring nature in 2 ways: how you engage with the world around you, and how you begin to understand and refine your own nature. This is the domain where you meet life and engage with it. It is all about WHAT DO YOU LOVE TO DO? Not sure? That’s okay – discovering your passion is a lifelong journey. Here’s some rad resources to get you started:
- If you feel like you can’t narrow your passions down into a nice, neat little box of what you love, you might be a “multipotentialite”! And great news, our world needs multipotentialites! Check this TED talk, you might understand yourself a little bit better by the end of it.
- The best way to explore nature is to get outside and be in it! Did you know that spending 2 hours per week outdoors can lower blood pressure and stress hormone levels, reduce nervous system arousal, enhance immune system function, increase self-esteem, attention-span and mood, reduce anxiety and feelings of isolation, and speed the rate of healing?! Check out more Vitamin N perks here!
- Try the “Recess Challenge”!
- Put your phone on “do not disturb”
- Set a timer for 20 minutes
- Go play outside!
Did you know that the secret to longevity might be close personal relationships and face-to-face interactions? Check this TED talk for the details!
Need some ideas on how to connect socially despite gathering restrictions?
- Send a friend a good old fashioned letter.
- Share your favourite songs with your peeps!
- Connect with people who love what you love with our Skills Competitions.
- Collaborate with students around the world on a project you are passionate about.
Did you know the word vocation comes from the latin word “vocation”, which translates as “a call, or to be summoned”? So yes – vocational wellbeing includes your occupation. But it’s so much more than that. It’s discovering THAT THING you feel you were put on this earth to do. Sounds daunting? Demystify vocational wellbeing through the practice of Ikigai – or “reason for being” in Japanese. These 2 practices will have you fired up about your vocation in no time!
- Your Purpose in 5 Minutes. This is a great quickie to get you connecting the dots between what you love, what you’re good at, what you can be paid for, and what the world needs.
- Down the rabbit hole – https://ikigaitest.com/. This one digs a little deeper, getting your inspiration veins pulsing!
Cosmic wellbeing is all about what gets in you in “The Zone”, or what researchers have coined the “Flow State”. You know – that sweet spot where you feel like you can do no wrong and time ceases to exist. Flow is the secret ingredient the world’s best athletes, artists, and great minds have all figured out.
- Flow 101 – a mini crash course in Flow from the world’s top adventure-athletes who eat, sleep, live and breathe Flow
- What’s your Flow Superpower? Everyone finds Flow in their own way. This quiz might help you find yours 👉 https://www.flowgenomeproject.com/flow-profile#Take-quiz-now
- Fun Fact: Our Team Canada competitors train 1:1 with a Sport Psychologist to take their Flow to the next level at WorldSkills! We hope this snippet from WorldSkills Kazan 2019 fires YOU up to find YOUR Flow! 🌎