Provincial Technical Committee
The Provincial Skills Canada Competition is a collection of contests in the skilled trades and technologies for high school and post-secondary students.
Provincial Technical Committee (PTC) Members serve as a critical role in the execution of our programs. They are responsible for the creation of projects, exams, logistics including set-up and tear down, and the overall management of their event. Committees are comprised of members from education, labour, industry and government. Each committee has a chairperson who acts as lead for their event.
- Work with other members of the PTC and Skills Canada Alberta staff to:
• Create Contest Description Documents
• Create projects
• Create Judging Criteria
• Determine competitor registration limits
• Recruit and orient judges
• Determine equipment and material needs
• Facilitate the competition during event days
• Set-up and tear-down of the competition
- Attend the Provincial Skills Canada Competition to manage and facilitate the day(s) for competitors. This includes set-up, tear down, orientations, and judging.
*2022 Provincial Skills Canada Competition Note:*
As the 2022 PSCC is being planned with a degree of uncertainty, please note that this year’s secondary Skills competition will be held virtually and the post-secondary Skills competition will be held in person from May 4 – 5, 2022.